For the coming three years we are working on a strategic level primarily through three political themes.
- Equality within health
- Secondary prevention
- Patient Empowerment
On an operational level we are working to achieve six key policy issues. These issues address important obstacles that people with diabetes face in their daily life.
- Everyone with diabetes should have access to psychological treatment
- Everyone with diabetes should have access to appropriate assistive products
- Young people with diabetes should be offered a more targeted approach – to ensure an optimal transition from child to adult
- People in increased risk of developing diabetes should be screened
- Everyone with diabetes should be offered appropriate patient education
- Everyone with diabetes should have their rights acknowledged